Pakistan International Airports
Pakistan holds significant importance due to its geographical location on the world map. Pakistan is an Asian country located in the south, and serves as a junction between eastern and western countries. The important neighboring countries of Pakistan include China, Afghanistan, Iran and India. The coast of Pakistan also touches Arabian Sea which allow trade and tourism between South-East Asian Muslim countries, the Muslim countries in the southern Asia, and the Muslim countries of Persian Gulf. From religious, strategic, economical, geographical, and political perspectives; the land of Pakistan holds great importance among many countries of the world. The interest of other western countries has also enhance the importance of Pakistan. Due to socio-economical activities in this region of Asia has highlighted the need and the importance of International airports with in the country. All the airports of Pakistan facilitate people to travel from all around the world. Many international flights are operated from these airports. Pakistan holds more than sixty airfields within the country for different purposes. Among these airfields thirteen are operational for both; international flights and domestic flights. The names and locations of international Airports of Pakistan are as follows:
- Quaid-e-Azam International Airport. Karachi.
- Allama Iqbal International Airport. Lahore.
- Quetta Airport. Quetta.
- Multan International Airport. Multan.
- Peshawar International Airport. Peshawar.
- Benazir International Airport. Islamabad.
- Bahawalpur Airport. Bahawalpur.
- Dera Ghazi Khan Airport (DG-Khan). Dera Ghazi Khan.
- Gawadar Airport. Gawadar.
- Faisalabad Airport. Faisalabad.
- Turbat International Airport Turbat.
- Sialkot International Airport Sialkot
- Shaikh Zayed International Airport Rahim Yar Khan
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is responsible for conducting operational activities of all the International Airports of Pakistan. All the passengers are facilitated as per international standards and according to the rules determine by the authorities. Pakistan International Airline (PIA), Shaheen-Air, Air-Blue, and Indus-Air: all carry passengers for domestic and International flights.