Most Trails in Margalla Hills:
- Trail 1 - will lead you to the top terminal of the Pir Sohawa road, in more or less two hours. Upon extending the walkway, you will reach Monal Restaurant in twenty minutes.
- Trail 2 - starts out just above the Pir Sohawa, the point located near Islamabad Zoo. It is 1 – 1.5 hours walk and leads you to Daman-e-Koh. You can move beyond this spot upward to the cactus ridge.
- Track 3 – It starts from the Margalla road F-7. The track is exhausting to some extent, due to steep hills. The course will lead you to the summit, and draw near to the three famous restaurants at Pir Sohawa. It is approximately one hour thirty minute walk
- Track 4 – It is the link between Trails 3 and 5.
- Trail 5 – Begins from Margalla Road in sector F-5, and people find it easier to climb. The trails 3 and 5 run parallel up to some distance, and is connected via trail 4 at certain points. The trail 5 will lead you to the top of Pir Sohawa road. You can switch trail 3 to 5 by walking an extra distance of 1.5 Kms. The estimated time to cover the distance on the trail is about 2.5 – 3.5 hours.
- Trail 6 – This trail is sparingly used as the entrance is not known to many people. It starts from the back of the Faisal Mosque in Sector E7, near tree planting Project sign is polled. Trails will run you through a valley along a well defined route that guides you to the top terminal of the Pir Sohawa road. The trail has a track for mountain bikes, and a bird watching point.
- Saidpur trail - travel along the river through the village and you'll emerge in a valley and a trail that leads up to the Monal restaurant. Saidpur trail is not much used by the outsiders, but only the local residents.
- Bari Imam trail – To draw onto this trail you need to ride to the other terminal on the Margalla road i.e near the Government Complex. The trail starts near the Bari Imam Cave, climb up the steep hills and you will come close to the Pir Sohawa road. From here you need to walk 5.5 Km to reach trail 3. Continue on the path, or else you will be drifting into KPK (the other province of Pakistan).